TIFFANY LIMOS - LOVING MY LIFE !!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

"You can't be what everybody else wants you to be. Do what makes you happy." - Tiffany Limos 3/31/09

"Acting is easy, writing is hard!" - Marlon Brando

"I am filled with love and affection." - Tiffany Limos 3/22/10

"Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." - Mark Twain

About Me

My photo
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." - Oscar Wilde

Blog Archive

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Stephen King, one of my many influences

King has a very simple formula for learning to write well: "Read and write four to six hours a day. If you cannot find the time for that, you can't expect to become a good writer." He sets out each day with a quota of 2000 words and will not stop writing until it is met. He also has a simple definition for talent in writing: "If you wrote something for which someone sent you a check, if you cashed the check and it didn't bounce, and if you then paid the light bill with the money, I consider you talented."

When asked why he writes, King responds: "The answer to that is fairly simple–there was nothing else I was made to do. I was made to write stories and I love to write stories. That's why I do it. I really can't imagine doing anything else and I can't imagine not doing what I do."

More Stephen King

I have received other writing (career) advice from Spike Lee, Quentin Tarantino, Michel Gondry, Larry Clark, Wong Kar-Wai, Ang Lee, Sarah Driver, and my teachers at New York University. I am debating whether to publish them here or save it for later? Nah. We'll see. (if you really want to know, I will tell you)

I think I'd rather just sit with some old writer friends and discuss this topic until I come out with a little pamphlet of advice or just decide to write it on here. Its pretty interesting what people have had to say in the past about writing and their discipline with it. Very interesting and helpful.

I just can't remember the last time I sat down with them though... ie. Zadie Smith, Dave Eggers, Arthur Bradford, Emma Forrest, etc. Where are these guys? Tried getting in touch with them but seems like we are all growing up. I heard one got married, one had a baby, and one I just can't seem to get ahold of and I hope she is alive still!

Well that's my little two cents babble on writing for now.

Followers